Console or PC ?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by Flaming_Dorito, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Flaming_Dorito

Flaming_Dorito New Member

I was considering buying GTA V. I was wondering if i should get the console version or the PC version. Which is better ?
    And is GTA V even worth it ?

2. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

Grand Theft Auto V is a great game. If you haven't played it before then it will be amazing on either console or PC as the storymode will look beautiful especially compared to the old generation consoles. Which version you get depends on what you will be doing mostly. If you are going to just be playing singleplayer then get it on PC because you can install mods which makes the game even more fun. If you're going to play online on PC then be prepared for lobbies that are full of hackers. If you want to play legit and mostly online then get it on the console.

3. FuZyOn1

FuZyOn1 Member

You should definitely get the PC version, the quality and framerate is vastly improved plus you get to experience the game at its best standards. Sure, there are more hackers online on PC than consoles but that's just a small bump.

4. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

GTA V is definitely worth it as all the GTA games are. I'd suggest you go for the PC version, it has a better user interface and the bugs are minimal.

5. holmes22

holmes22 Member

I am getting more and more used to my PC, but it also I think has run its course so I might have to get a new one. Might take some getting used to if this is the case.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

Either. GTA V is a great game on all the platforms, so it really is just going to depend on which you yourself prefers. I have the game on PS4 and highly recommend it, but if PC gaming is more your thing, then it's just as good on that as well.

One thing that annoys me though, is the price of the game still. I know it's a great game, and you still get a lot of updates for it, but the game is a couple of years old now and still being sold at nearly full price. I don't think that's fair to be honest.

7. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

You can get it for about £25 over here in the UK which is about $31. Considering the game retailed at about $55 when it came out, the price doesn't seem to bad especially considering how great the game is. I mean it is still probably breaking sales records, years after the release of the game.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

Even so, looking at other games that are as old as this, personally I'd be expecting to pay less. I know that Rockstar are still heavily supporting the game online, but for those who just want to play the actual game, I'd still be thinking that a game of this age should be around £15-£20.

9. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

The thing is games that are as old as this are not supported as much as this. If people aren't prepared to pay a bit more for a game that is full of endless fun then that's just silly really. And by now most people should have played this game, if not it means that they never played Grand Theft Auto before which means they should be willing to pay such a price for a "brand new" game for them.

10. ezrealgg

ezrealgg New Member

Depends on your pc specs. If you can get good graphical quality on the PC then definitely go pc because when you can install tons of mods to make the gameplay more fun etc.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

I do agree that GTA V is probably the best supported game that thee as ever been, and looking at it from that perspective then the price does seem fair...when buying from a store that is. On the PSN network here in Europe where I am though, the game is still more or less full price, the same it was when it first came out and well supported or not, the game IS a couple of years old and the price really should reflect that I think.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but you can pick up a game that came out 3 months ago for less than GTA V via download, and it just doesn't sit right with me.

12. jahanzeb ali qureshi

I bought it a few days ago. It is a PC version. I really enjoyed a lot. GTA V is better than other all parts. I would suggest to buy a PC version as it would support as much features possible. GTA V is most favorite all around the world. I never tried its console version but i am satisfied with its PC version.

13. holmes22

holmes22 Member

Good point about the PC specs, because I can definitely attest to not having the right equipment and then being very very disappointed. Live and learn I guess.

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

From experience, both GTA V versions are great.

Decide which GTA V version makes you happiest and willing to play because no matter which version you'll buy, I'm pretty sure that you'll be extremely satisfied with them. ;)

15. sidney

sidney Member

It really depends on your preference. I would go for the PC version since it's what I have, and I like installing mods, and I'm not really much into multiplayer mode.

16. Slashman8

Slashman8 Member

If you have a good computer then I suggest that you get a PC version due to the fact that there is more to offer on that version. Personally though, I prefer console.

17. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

If I have to choose only one option, I would also choose the console mode because I think it's better and more practical. :)

18. Slashman8

Slashman8 Member

Yeah, I usually go with console if I have the option. It's just much easier for me.

19. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Great idea I think!

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

I think besides being easier, it is more interest to play. I like to play on the pc too, but on the console is so much better. :)